Thursday 21 October 2021

Wednesday 20th October 2021

I slept like a log, straight through for nine hours, and felt so much better.

Jools was already up and about, so I joined here and she presented me with a cup of Java. Which was nice.

With about two months now to the winter equinox, the sun now rises over the other side of the Dip, lighting the clouds with warm, sometimes agnry light. Every dawn there's something new to see, so I stand there with a coffee and watch.

However, sunrise is now after seven, meaning I am at work, but I can see refelctions off the houses the other side of the street, letting me know there was a dawn worth getting up to look at.

I have two days mails to catch up on, not much to report as its "potato week" in Denmark, when schools would traditionally have a week off so the children could get the crop in. Children don't have to dig potatoes now, but the week off is popular, and my boss is off too, so I catch up on mails and ponder sharp relies in some cases.

Suddenly I was hungry, and all there was to eat were half a pack of crumpets, so I pop them under the grill, boil the kettle for a brew, and Bob's your aunt's live in lover. Or something. I made short work of three crumpets. And soon was wishing there were three more to feast on at lunch.

Being hungry is good, meaning I was feeling better.

After lunch of fruit, I find myself getting really sleepy. Maybe I needed a lay down? So I go for a lay down, am joined by Cleo is seems curious in everythng I do, she makes a nest behind my back and she is soon gently snoring. I don't sleep, but maybe doze until four, when I find I have a day's slobbing to tidy up after. But there would be no cooking that night, as we were going out!

Jools came back from work and we had a cofee, were tempted by a slice of fruit cake, but resisted, and then Jools said the full moon would be rising soon, and with dusk already having fallen, we drove down to the Monument, where we found that the moon was already showing well.

DFDS Sadly, due to rain earlier in the day, dust had been flushed out of the atmosphere, so the full moon wasn't very red, or that yellow, but looked magnificent just hanging there. I didn't take my DSLRs or tripod as I convinced myself it would be too cloudy to see the moon. I was wrong. Anyway, I took a shot with the compact using the bench as a tripod/flat surface, and it worked.

Hunter Moon It was then time to go to the Old Lantern for another Japanese Banquet prepared by a sushi-master up from London, it was the same thing as we did on my birthday, although it was just Jools and I.

The pub was packed, and with the rising infection rate, it seemed too close to other diners, but we soon settled down to enjoy the atmosphere and listen to the chat of other diners.

There was an hour's wait before the first course of soupl came, miso soup, then the courses came quickly. The full menu:

Two hundred and ninety three - Cocktail on arrival: Yuzu Margherita, Negroni Sbagliato or Ginger, Pomegranate & Elderflower Spritz
- White miso soup
- Sumomono | cucumber, seaweed, snow crab
- Grilled king prawn | garlic butter, panko
- Nigiri | tuna, fatty tuna, salmon, sea bass, yellowtail
- Maki | salmon avocado, tuna
- Dessert

All wonderful.

We left at half nine for the short drive under the railway and up the hill to our street, heavy rain was falling, as forecast, and the moon hidden once again.

Back inside I decided I wanted some cheese, so snacked on Somerset Brie and crackers and a small glass of sloe port.

Yummy.

No comments: