Saturday 28 November 2020

Friday 27th November 2020

My paternal Grandmuther's 120th birthday. Or would have been.

And it is Friday.

Yay.

I should have done a session on the cross trainer. But once up my egs said to my head, are you serious, we ache, man.

So that was that.

But other than that, not much to say about the early morning, other than coffee, breakfast, more coffee.

I knew what work had in store for me, and that was meetings. So, I had to be fed and watered and washed, all ready for four and a half hours of Teams meetings.

It is the modern way.

As yu know by now, every other Friday is the auditor's meetings, where we talk about audits. It never improves, and there is always a sticking point that extends the meeting by half an hour just as you think you've managed to wind it up only half way through.

Three hundred and thirty two Then there is the latest news meeting, which for the last three weeks there has been no news, but being told officially there was no news. No change this week in that there was no news either, but we are nearer the point when there might be news.

But not yet.

And straight into another meeting, while all the while, Jools went shopping, then to Jen's to do a yoga session that comes free with her Sky package.

Jools comes back in time for us to have lunch of ham rolls before I have my weekly one to one with my boss, which stretched to 90 minutes.

And somehow, it was two in the afternoon, time for a brew, monitor my inbox for an hour. And that was it.

To provide a soundtrack to putting my work stuff away, I put on a Northern Soul compilation, dance round the livingroon covered in talc (not really) and throw some shapes.

I egg and breadcrumb two sliced aubergines, shallow fry them in olive oil, so we can sit down at five to eat well.

Damn fine aubergine We have to be ready so I can take part in an online pop quiz at six. I don't do well, but OK, not good enough to get in the top ten though.

We watch the story of DB Cooper again. Still as mysterious, and a well made 90 minutes.

And it was nine, time for bed.

No comments: