Monday 23 November 2020

Sunday 22nd November 2020

It would have been easy to kick back and do less than I actually did on Sunday.

But workouts don't workout themselves, more's the pity.

And Monday is Jools' birthday, and the grand plan was to have Jen over for lunch and card action.

Which is why Jools was to go to the butchers on Friday, though in the last minute change of plan to get rack of lamb too, it got forgotten, until Jools realised and so she went back for three rumps. Or slices of rump. Or one and a half. Or something.

We laid in bed until it was getting light, then I rose to feed the cats and make first coffees.

I knew if I delayed it any longer I would make an excuse not to phys, so I went up and did 15 minutes. Not the twenty I used to do, but the action and position are different on this machine than the previous one. But I get it done, and then stretch and cool down outside.

I lightly oil and then rub cracked pepper into each steak on both sides, and let them rest in the oven to reach room temperature.

Its all about the preparation.

I have a shower, get dressed, and before the early afternoon game on BBC, we have cheese and crackers and me a glass of wine.

Once again I can't remember who I watched: wait a minute, its coming bac to me now. Fulham v Everton, and although there was 5 goals, 3-2 to Everton, it was poor fayre, but once Jools went to pick up Jen, there would be no time for football.

We have a coffee, a game of meld, then it was time to cook, I zap the potatoes, then slice them before frying until crisp. At the same time, corn was steamed and garlic mushrooms cooked, and the three steaks griddled.

Three hundred and twenty seven You will not be surprsided to hear it was a triumph, steak done to a turn, and potatoes crispy to the point of perfection.

We eat well, have fizz too. Toast Jools and yum yum yum.

We tidy up, have another game of Meld, by which time it was half six, and time for me to take Jen home, to get back in time to see Liverpool v Leicester.

Should have been a cracker, but was stale, Liverpool took a 2-0 lead, and never looked in danger, even when they lost a couple of more players. They scored a third and that was that. By that time I was on the sofa watching train videos at the same time.

As you do.

Goodnight

No comments: