Tuesday 24 November 2020

Monday 23rd November 2020

Dr Who's and Jools' 57th birthday.

And poor Jools has to go to work on her birthday. Though on a positive note, she is enjoying her five day weekends.

Monday morning Dawn gets later with each passing day, meaning we have to wait longer and longer for the signs of the new day in the south east. By the time that happens now I have done a session on the cross trainer, have cooled down, stretched and am preparing breakfast for when I have the morning meeting.

Still there As you can see my working week is pretty regular now, same things, mostly each day, week after week, month after month.

There is no news. No gossip. Just friendly banter and swaping news on what we did over the weekend.

And then to work.

I put on some music and the day bobs, bobs along. Slowly.

I guess the biggest news was that Mum's estate is to be wound up. We have been waiting for a cheque to be re-issued, whch has been dragging on for 6 months, and a hundred quid here and there makes little difference.

Just to throw a spanner in the works a cheque, a different one, arrived in the post, and so needed to be sent on to my solicitor. This meant finding an envelope and then a stamp. After the joke junk mail I sent to John using all the old 2nd class stamps meant we only had a couple for large packets. It might get there quicker, I thought.

Three hundred and twenty eight I walked up to the post box on Collingwood. Just a few minutes walk, along to the end of the road, up Station Road and ten yards up Collingwood.

I take a shot of the letter being posted, and that was that.

On the way back I go over to the large field to snap the straw bales in the bright sunshine, using only the compact which I had with me, so the results were poor.

Station Road Back home to work, lunch, more work.

And once the working day was over and I clocked out I went to do a second session on the cross trainer. Again, not an enjoyable experience again, but I get it done.

For Jools' birthday dinner I did something unusual: when we were n Rye I went to the wet fish shop beside the river and bough a whole side of smoked haddock. I had tried to do this when we were back in Lowestoft last month, and failed. Anyway, I cut the fillet in half and shallow fried to warm it up, served with curried rice and fresh corn.

And it worked. The haddck was wonderful, properly smoked and no colouring used, went well with the rice.

For the evening, I listened to John Vigar's third and last lecture on Kent churches via Zoom. I now have an extended list of more churches to visit once the madness ends.

I round the evening off watching Wolves v Southampton, ended 1-1, was quite good.

No comments: