Wednesday 25 November 2020

Tuesday 24th November 2020

Is it the weekend yet?

Apparently no.

It is Jools' last day of work for the week, so the alarm goes off at five and soon she is up and about, feeding the cats and so on. I lay in bed until I can smeel the coffee brewing.

Let's do it!

Jools was going to leave for work early, to have a long walk, as Monday as she took poppy seed and orange cakes with added cheese straws to work so she could celebrate with her colleagues, she had too much stuff to carry, so drove straight to work.

Which meant as soon as I had drunk my offee I go upstairs to do my session on the cross trainer. It clanks, judders and rattles, but I dismiss thoughts of it breaking and throwing me across the bedroom and press on.

I do the session, go outside to cool off before the cool morning air forces me back inside to make breakfast and more coffee.

Work is work, as ever. You set out forst thring with all intentions to change the world, but the reality of sloth and ignorance means you get diverted and saps your very life force.

Typical Tuesday, then.

Outside the clouds at sunrise never really thinned, and it was so cold. A strong breeze blew from the south, but it had an edge to it, and so I banished all thoughts of going out walking out of my head.

Sunrise I do go out to wander round the garden later, looking for shoots of new growth, see the bulbs near the wildlife pond had gown a little, other than that, not much.

A sunny interval I make scrambled egg and bacon lardons open sandwich for lunch. Man, that was filling, my mind goes into hibernation after eating.

But i have to go back to work, but it is a quiet day. With the end of the year approaching, and most activities closed out, and planning for next year half on hold due to the takeover, and then there is COVID, our desks are less busy than in some years.

Three hundred and twenty nine I listen to podcasts while I monitor my inbox and Skype.

Nothing happens.

At three I go to do another session on the cross trainer, and survive. I have a shower and get dressed, while outside it was already getting dark.

Dinner was simple, just the cottage pie I made a couple of weeks back, defrosted, more grated cheese added on top and cooked for nearly an hour to make the top extra crispy, served with lashings of baked beans.

We eat well, and a little too much, but no point keeping half a meal, so we clear our plates.

Norwich were playing on a wet Tuesday evening in Stoke, and got it done, winning 3-2 after leading 3-0 and all was going well until Emi got sent off and we conceeded two while holding on, so remaining top of the league.

And that was that, really. The day done, everyone happy.

No comments: