Sunday 1 November 2020

Saturday 31st October 2020

All Hallow's Eve.

And Saturday. The weekend. Shopping has been done, so we can do whatever we want.

Three hundred and five Or what the restrictions will allow.

And as churches seem pretty much locked down, we have to find something else to do.

A walk in Sandwich, Kent So, as the oroginal art from the orchid book had arrived, I needed to get it framed, so we decide to go to Sandwich for a wander, take some shots and get the picture into the framers.

A walk in Sandwich, Kent As usual, for a Saturday, I am awake at the normal time, just after five, and so lay in bed until light shows in the window.

I go down to make coffee, feed the cats and get us ready for the day. Outside it is a fine morning, the sun rose just before seven, and all seemed well with the world.

A walk in Sandwich, Kent Even better when we have the second coffee with croissants, tidy up and am ready to leave the house at half eight. The framing shop didn't open to ten, giving me an hour to wander round, snapping.

A walk in Sandwich, Kent Almost no traffic on east Kent roads, meaning we drive along to Deal, along the prom and then down through the town centre and out to Sholden and Worth. We arrive in Sandwich, park behind the Guildhall, and see that the cheese shop, No Name Shop in No Name Street, was already open, so we go over and manager to spend thirty quid on curdled dairy products and a couple of apple and rhubarb tarts, which we would eat mid=afternoon with a coffee.

A walk in Sandwich, Kent We put the cheese and tarts in the car, and set off through the town, me drawn towards St Peter's, which was open, though for an craft fayre, but with the stalls being set up, I was able to go round and rattle of thirty or so shots of the fixtures and fittings, as I had managed to take just nine shots when I was there eleven years ago.

A walk in Sandwich, Kent We end up on the narrow street that runs beside the river, I see that there is a cafe open opposite the framing shop, so we go in for second breakfast. We sit outside as it was just about warm enough in thw milky sunshine, though the breeze was keen. I have bacon and sausage butty and a pot of tea. Breakfast of champions. JOols has a bagel with smoked salmon, avacado and stuff generally healthy.

A walk in Sandwich, Kent I drop the picture off, pick a frame and mounting board.

A walk in Sandwich, Kent Walking out we were amazed by the amount of traffic along the narrow streets, so Jools asked me what we should do now? Go home.

A walk in Sandwich, Kent And I chose wisely, as on the way back past Eastry, the rain started, and withing half an hour was falling again in Biblical amounts.

A walk in Sandwich, Kent Norwich were on TV at lunchtime, away at Bristol, and City played well, scored three before half time, conceded one too, but was pretty painless and a good performance, and we created loads of chances.

10 walls of Sandwich Happy with that.

I lay on the sofa to listen to the main batch of games at three, outside dusk came early as the rain continued to fall.

10 walls of Sandwich I dozed for an hour until it was time for coffee and the tarts.

10 walls of Sandwich TARTS!

And they were great, needed a second to be sure, though.

Liverpool were on at half five, playing West Ham, who took an early lead, but Liverpool won out 2-1, though it was a poor game.

10 walls of Sandwich And it was at this point I had the bright idea to have a whisky.

10 walls of Sandwich And a second.

Jools went to bed, and I had a third. I listend to some old John Cooper Clark songs.

10 walls of Sandwich I went to bed, happy and my head spinning.

No comments: