Friday 6 November 2020

Thursday 5th November 2020

Guy Fawkes Night.

Maybe we should do it right this year?

I wake up at six with Jools telling me she is about to go to work, and there was a coffee waiting.

Three hundred and ten I had a woolly head, and I had that all day.

Up and attem.

Downstairs to find that news from the US had changed and Biden was closing the gap. All day Wednesday I listened to the news, which all seemed that Trump had done more than enough. I gave up listening, and turned it down each time the news came in.

Welcome to the lockdown But with so much having changed in 24 hours, I try not to get my hopes up only to see them dashed, but I have a lighter mood. For sure.

Into the sun I put the bins out, fill up the bird feeders and take in the low warm sunshine. It is going to be a fine autumnal day!

Hot Lips in the sunshine So fine, I get the camera out and snap the light, falling through the leaves and petals of the new beds.

A walk to the Dip Inside, I make breakfast and go to join the morning meeting. This is the first day of lockdown here, so I share the news with my colleagues, but they knew. They ask me how bad it is, and, well really it doesn't seem too bad here in Chez Jelltex, but all non-essential shops are now closed, hairdressers and the such. It seems all so grim, and was avoidable, of course.

A walk to the Dip News is still the takeover, but there is no real news.

I get to actual work once the meeting ends, but I still am struggling with my mojo, or trying to find it.

A walk to the Dip The morning passes, and with the weather looking fabulous, I decde to take a break and go for a walk.

I take me any my camera just across the fields to Fleet House, then down Norway Drove to the top of The Dip.

A walk to the Dip I saw a few flowers still in bloom. Bristly Oxtongue is still going strong, butting our fresh flowers even as the lower part of the plant looks withered and dead. But there are no butterflies or dragonflies on the wing, or resting. So, it seems the season is over.

A walk to the Dip The Dip has plenty of mud, but looks passable, maybe we will walk that was soon?

I turn for home, walking along Collingwood to check on the patch of Winter Heliotrope, which were not quite in flower. But soon.

A walk to the Dip Back home for a brew and check mails.

Not much had happened.

I have lunch, pastrami sandwiches with slices of pickled onions. It made for a fine sandwich.

A walk to the Dip And back to calibration.

Sigh.

The afternoon passes, shadows lengthen further, and then the sun sets.

A walk to the Dip I make jacket potatoes for dinner, I cook mine for three hours to ensure the skin is crispy. When you're head cook you get to do these things.

A walk to the Dip Jools comes home, and for her it is the weekend, and from now on she has a two day working week and five day weekends.

A walk to the Dip We are both tired, so I write, then head to bed at eight to read the new WSC before turning in at nine.

Are you there Rock and ,indeed, roll

No comments: