Wednesday 4 November 2020

Tuesday 3rd November 2020

Here we are again.

Thing is, with the lockdown, and the road trip planned for Wednesday, all tasks other than essential shopping had to be completed by Tuesday, which is why I had to take the afternoon off work.

And as luck would have it, the weather was going to be splendid.

But in order to do the tasks, I needed the car. Which meant that I had to take Jools to work. Meaning getting up at five, and then being on the road by half six so to be home in time for work.

Tuesday was a fine morning, there was no wind, no clouds, and the light on the cliffs from Sandgate looked wonderful. But I had o camera with me, so the view went unrecorded by me.

I dropped Jools off at the factory, turned for home and some unforecast rain fell. Hope she made it to the factory dry.

By the time I reached the Imperial, it had cleared and the light of the just risen sun illuminated the coast. I had to drive on.

Three hundred and eight Back home, arriving back at twenty to eight, time to make breakfast and a second coffee and be logged on to deal with mails on time.

At work, this is a time of confusion, not knowing if there is any point going on with our current tasks, but we have been told we have to. So, on with the show.

I have meetings, make calls.

Lunch is pan fried, reheated slices of prime rib in wholemal bread. I do too much so the meat it triple thick. And is fantastic.

It was a meal on its own.

I should lie down and let the meat sweats sweep over me.

But I have to go to the doctors to pick up some pills, then make myself over to Sandwich to collect the framed orchid picture because the framers would close on Thursday for the rest of the month.

Sandwich seemed packed, few parking spaces to be had, and yet shops and bars were empty.

And someone stole the toll bridge!

Who stole the bridge? Seems the bridge is worn out and needed repairs, so there are the bridge piers, and a gap inbetween.

I take a shot to record the scene.

I walk to the shop, pay the money and look at the picture, it looks simple, but stunning. Just need to find a place to hand it at home.

I make it back at half three, too late to log back into work. I make a coffee, sit down to watch som Waldy on Americal 20th Century art.

I have to collect Jools from work, so leave at four to drive in the gloaming to Hythe, back up the A20 and M20, where there were no ferries in port at Dover.

I was on time to collect her at five as the whole workforce has to be offsite by five past to comply with company regulations.

We drive back to Dover, then to Whitfield, as in the morning I am to drive Jan and Sylv to Manchester so Sylv can return home to her flat. We had to load our car up with her stuff, then I would drive that home, Jools would drive Jen's car so she could drive that to work on Wednesday, and I would take our car, with Jen and Sylv to Manchester, then Jen and I would drive back.

Also the plan was for us to have a Chinese in the evening as a farewell meal. But the place screwed up the order, and it never arrived.

We have to get back, so Jools and I drive home, and back home I cook crispbakes and rolls for dinner.

It was nearly eight when we got back and were sitting down to eat. Norwich had already drawn 0-0 with Millwall, and so are seven unbeaten.

Bed came at nine, after a shower and shave.

And that is that.

Up at four in the morning, on the road by quarter to five for a 612 mile round trip.

No comments: