Thursday 19 November 2020

Wednesday 18th November 2020

Five years ago, a colleague of mine had a massive stroke whilst laying in bed, he never recovered and passed away later.

That was five years ago

I realised that after rereading some old posts.

Lee was younger and fitter than me, ex-SAS, and I miss his humour and humanity.

Quite where the time goes?

Wednesday was to be a day in which Jools spent cleaning and fumigating the house, as the kittens can't have full strength flea treatment, so they pick the buggers up when tey go out, and leave them round the house for mulder and Sully to collect. And they like my blood, the fleas that it, not the cats. Its been getting better, but the house needed a good vacuum and then laying down a chemcial agent.

Three hundred and twenty three I would carry on working as best I could.

I even went on the cross trainer first thing. I did mean to go on again in the afternoon, but sadly, laziness took control, and we had coffee and stollen instead.

After breakfast Jools got started, vacuuming each room carefully then laying down a layer of DDT to kill the wee beasties. As I worked, the clouds of fumes flowed down the stairs. It wasn't nice, but bearable. Bite-free ankles would be good.

Three out of four I had plenty to do, but also needed to take breaks, so mid-morning I went out to snap the house and garden, followed by Mulder and Scully to keep an eye on me. I did nothing suspicious, but they kept me in sight at all times.

I make brews and Jools stops for a while.

More work. More cleaning. And it was time for lunch.

More soup and potato bread, all done so the bread was nice and crispy. We ate well.

Into the afternoon, and against my character, I have to crack the whip and apply some pressure, telling people what they had to do and set a deadline.

Play in the sunshiiiine Oh, look at you all officious and serious.

Its a job.

The afternoon passes and it was time to pack up for the day.

I was hungry. Jools was hungry. I prepare dinner; breaded aubergine.

It takes time, but worth it for the golden, crispy medalions of veggie goodness.

I have a glass of wine as I cook, and two more as we eat.

Life is good.

England played an ageing Iceland team at an empty Wembley. I thought England would struggle, but two goals in the first 20 minutes took the pressure off and it was plain sailing. Ended 4-0 and I watched a podcast at the same time, multi-tasking like a boss.

Goodnight.

No comments: