Tuesday 17 November 2020

Monday 16th November 2020

Welcome to the working week.

Monday morning comes round far too quickly, not that I am over-worked or stressed, but you know I can quite happily fill my days doing nothing much, and taking all day to do it in.

But I have to earn a crust, to keep the kitties in kitty kibbles, and Jools in cider and me in beer and red wine.

It is dark at five.

It is dark at half five.

And getting light at six. Just.

I was going to get up to watch the start of the lunar eclipse, but through extensive research I realised only the first five minutes of the eclipse, and not totality, would be visible in west before the moon set. Hardly worth putting your trhousers on, is it?

And I should have done a session on the cross trainer, but a sore shoulder meant I slept poorly and wasn't in the mood for it.

And so I had so much time to get ready for work, and yet I managed to spend the two hours before the morning meeting doing nothing much of any importance. I may have written a blog post. I was going to wait until Jools went to work before doing phys, and when she didn't leave until quarter to seven, there didn't seem time. There was, but I really couldn't be arsed.

Three hundred and twenty one Jools left for work, I made breakfast and another coffee, barely being ready in time for the meeting. My shoulder has been playing up again, so I'm not sleeping well, not in a good mood in the mornings. Which might explain why I said little in the meeting, but then neither did any of us.

Outside it was a cold and grey day, I put the heating up a notch and start to work.

I was in a meeting when Mulder gave his "I caught something for you" meow, and as I watched, I saw his jams open and the mouse drop to the floor and take off for anywhere less toothy. Any chance of catching it was gone, I would just have to set a trap when the meeting was done.

For lunch I cook curried cauliflower soup. THe leftover cauly cut into chunks, sprinkled with cumin and curry powder, roasted for twenty minutes on a high heat. And at the same time softening some onions and garlic, add stock, at the roasted cauli, and whizz the lot with a blender, and simmer for half an hour. An aquired taste, maybe, but good enough and with a couple of spoons of fat-free yogurt added, it was just fine.

Ring of fire I eat the soup whilst watching more cab video from a train, this one climbing from Chur to St. Moritz. I suspect this will be the next adventure after we have been to New Zealand, if not before.

Time passes.

The morning turns into afternoon. I press on without really achieving much. I could go for a walk even though the weather wasn't bright, or I could go on the cross trainer, but I do neither.

We have simple crispbakes for dinner, in rolls with slaw, which was really quite good.

The evening was taken with another lecture online about Kent churches by my friend, John Vigar, which takes just over an hour, and soon enough it is bed time, and so another day passes quietly.

No comments: