Thursday 12 November 2020

Wednesday 11th November 2020

Would have been Betty's 101st birthday. But she's sleeping now.

I reread some old blog posts first thing yesterday, and one year in the last 5 I was preparing for my 38th trip away that year, and this year I have done about four. And only one requiring use of a passport. I'll guess I won't be the only one with no frequent flier points or entrance to lounges next year, and that's only if things get back to "normal" not that will be an old normal, just a new one. So many places and businesses have closed, but we will only notice when we want to travel or to to the cnema or a gig again.

Being a Wednesday, it was a rest day from phys, not that I have really done enough to warrant a rest from, still, I had a break. Jools did an online yoga session before breakfast, looked way too energetic for that time in the morning, but kudos to Jools.

We have breakfast then she leaves me to work while she does some gardening before going for a walk. The lavender out front of the house is trimmed, though next year's shhots are already showing, as are the new growth on things like the artichoke.

3rd Life begats life.

Forever.

Breakfast was bacon sarnies. As we had eaten a lot of fruit and veg the previous two days, and we were to have more in the shape of miss-shapen fritters for tea.

We had chores to run, but I get news via mail that the beer, cider and fizz I had ordered was due to be delivered, so I would stay in, and we would wait until after lunch to walk into town.

Three hundred and sixteen The boxes were delivered at half eleven, bottles clinking and clanking.

I put them away, then make some potatoe bread to go with the soup we were to have, and 40 minutes later, lovely lunch, dipping the still hot bread in the warmed through soup. It must be winter.

Soup and potato bread At three, we go out for a walk, down Station Road and up the other side into the village. I go into the Post Office to buy some boiled sweets, which they sell. I get a quarter of rhubabrb and custards, which we each suck on as we walk back down then up the other side.

Makes a change from ice cream, I suppose.

There were a few people out, and that the post office was open was good. Not quite a total lockdown, but the Smugglers next door was lcoked and in darkness. We must hope that places like these open back up and we go out to support them.

St Margaret's-at-Cliffe Back home it is getting dark. We have a coffee, and then it is time to prepare the batter for fritters, shredding the courgettes and putting in all the other stuff. Each time they are slightly different, and this time I use nutmeg rather than cayanne pepper, but they're still good with lashings of garlic mayo.

Cheers Skal Prost And to the evening, where there is international football on; Holland v Spain, and it was entertaining, but ended 1-1.

And it was time for bed, too late to read.

No comments: