Friday 27 November 2020

Thursday 26th November 2020

Nearly at the weekend, stay strong.

It is Thursday, it will be another windless, grey and cold day.

Filled with work.

And kittens.

Which is nice. At least the kittens part.

Thursday has a morning meeting at half seven, so have to wake up, get up, properly wake up and do phys before then, and maybe put the bins out too, and put some trousers on.

All in 90 minutes.

I get on the cross trainer just before seven, meaning that by half past I have done my session, cooled down, put the bins out and ready for work. Jools makes second coffee and breakfast and brings it to my like the glamourous assistant she is.

In reality I am her assistant, but there you go.

Jools had a yoga session booked to do online at half nine, and I have meetings, so with me plugged into my headphones, she does yoga in the bathroom. I could hear the head of her fan club, Mulder, mewing sadly for her attention as she tried to do a downward facing dog. Or something.

Lunch is fajitas.

We bought some special spice in Houston last year, first time I made it I used too much and the chicken was too salty, I asked a friend for advice, so had rubbed the chicken with the spice in an oily solution and left for 24 hours. When I got the chicken out, it looked no different in colour, just oily, so I cooked that, fried onions and sweet peppers in a sweet chilli sauce, and the nearest thing we had to sour cream was cream cheese, which worked well as it turned out, and the ckicken tasted great too.

Three hundred and thirty one But having it for lunch meant no booze, just an orange squash, but the meal was still good. I even took a picture.

You may be surprsied.

I fail to do an afternoon session on the cross-trainer, but have a shave and shower, so I look and smell lovely.

I find another train video to watch either side of dinner, a single track Swiss electried line, twisting and turning up though mountains, over deep valleys. Adds another desination to the post-COVID plan.

Dinner was either going to be cheese and crackers, or bugers and beer. I let Jools decide, as was glad when beer and burgers won. Wild boar and chorizo burgers, with fresh onions and cheddar.

Lovely.

Jools watches the first series of His Dark Materials whilst I watch another Swiss train journey, rattling through picturesque towns and villages, sometimes on the narrow streets of them.

I need to travel.

No comments: