Saturday 4 December 2021

Friday 3rd December 2021

We have made it to Friday. Again.

And there is big news brewing, but I can't say much for now, other than there is news, and it could be big. Big news.

I slept throug the aarm and only woke up when POppy, having been fed, came back to bed and jumped on my feet. It was five to six.

I am pretty caught up at work, so not much to worry about only to put the bins out, and as the collection isn't until between eight and eleven, usually, plenty of time.

After Jools went to yoga and then to work, I was faffing about, when I saw the flashing lights of the reversing dustcart backing up our street, which meant I had seconds to put on some shoes and put out the recycle, paper and food bins. I met KIck from next door, also scrambling to get the trash out. Several others in the village were still sleeping, and they put their bins out after the cart had left the area, they are still unemptied.

Even the food bin was collected by half seven, so all bins were collected and wheeled back down the drive.

Ready for work, then.

We have the weekly social, and things in India are still dodgy, with the monsoon season still lingering on, and there being food and water shortages. And COVID on top fo that, puts our problems into perspective, if I'm honest.

I have the final version of the audit report to send out, along with all the reports and notes, and then send out meeting invites for the next series of audits.

Its all happening.

I have warmed up fritters for lunch, and so the day moves into the afternoon, so come two I switch off the computer and tidy away the mess of the day, wash up and wait for JOols to come home. She was to go to the library, but was just too shattered. So, she comes home, we have a brew.

Then came the main event of the day: taking Cleo to the vet.

She has had a lump on her tail, a small one went away, but a second came up, larger, and brst on Tuesday. So, while JOols cooked dinner for us using one of the recipes from the course, we caught Cleo and put her in the travel box, so I could be at the surgery for four.

Three hundred and thirty seven Cleo is still tiny. I mean she may have put on wieight, but she has a kitten's meow.

Once in the consulting room, and we had got her out of the box, Chris had to remove the scap to have a look, and it was red raw. He gave Cleo a two week antibiotic shot, and dressed the wound, took her temperature. And that revealed she was running a slight temperature.

Come back in two weeks.

So, I took us back home in the car. Poor Cleo was very shocked by the turn of events, but ate well, then went to sleep off the experience.

With the meal cooked, and me having failed the in the music quiz, we drove with the food to Jen's, where she had cooked rice.

We dished up, and poured wine.

Cheers.

It was full of robust flavours, but the sliced potatoes were undercooked, just as well we had the rice.

Dinner at Jen's There was time for a game of Meld, which Jools won, and then she was too pooped for any more, so we make our excuses and come home.

No sign of Cleo, but Poppy was waiting. We feed her, then she goes out. To bed at nine.

No comments: