Monday 20 December 2021

Sunday 19th December 2021

Sunday.

And I didn't really need a haircut. But, you know, I could have one. It was long enough.

Anything to delay the trimming of the tree.

My intention had been to do it last week, but I could never find the enthusiasm to climb into the attic to find said tree and the two bags of decorations.

Three hundred and fifty three Jools went up, so the box containing the tree and two bags of decorations sat under the stairs.

I'm going for a haircut, I said.

In the end, Jools came to, to get out, and to go for a walk as I was shorn, as the pool was fully booked all day.

We had breakfasted on croissants and coffee before getting dressed, then driving to Folkeston via Nonington to drop in Jane's birthday card. Mike (Jools' brother, left Jane, his partner of a decade last month, so it's all a bit sensitive).

A different Christmas tree Nonington is out in the former coalfields of Kent, right by Snowdown pit, up a lane near the church. I parked at the end and Jools leopard crawled to the door and dropped the cards in. It avoided tricky questions as to how Mike is.

Who knew families could be this tricky?

The fog was lifting, or so it seemed on the way to Folkestone, down through Denton where the kitties used to stay when we went away. Not any more, the lady retired.

Old High Street Anyway, down into Folkestone, down past the harbour and up to the top of the Old High Street, park the car.

I go to the barber to wait outside till it opened. Jools went for a walk. Mainly to Asda to buy some yogurt.

At ten to ten the shop opened, and I was shown into a chair. They looked after me, trimmed my eyebrows, ears and nostrils.Oh how glamourous to get old.

And that was it, back to the car where Jools was waiting, and up through Capel, back into the fog then along to Dover and home.

And just like that the morning was gone.

We had a thick slice of Christmas cake for lunch, and then it was eyes down for football, the two games that survived.

St. Feuillien Cuvee de Noel At half time in the second, Spurs v Liverpool, we had dinner of party food and beer. And all done ready for the second half.

I got a huge migraine, so once that eased, I wrote the blog and closed the computer down for the day, went upstairs to read in bed, before Poppy told me that we should sleep.

No comments: