Tuesday 7 December 2021

Monday 6th December 2021

Back to work.

Jools had slept through the alarm, and so by the time I was awake and up and about, it was nearly six.

I should have been onmy way to the airport to catch a flight to Denmark, via Amsterdam. Instead I'm not.

Or.

We should have landed in Auckland on Saturday, I think. Or was it Sunday?, and so travelled by train down to Wellington to stay with our friend, Tony today.

But we're not.

Jools goes to work, and I after second coffee power up the laptop.

Now, I have to be honest, because of the late cancellation of the trip, my calendar looks even emptier this week. Just meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday, with no audits as that stuff is now postponed until the new year.

Three hundred and forty My boss was in meetings all day too, so it was going to be a quiet one. I would spend the day in research.

And listening to the radio.

And making bread.

Just the usual stuff, really.

Cleo was looking perky, but the bandage on her tail had slipped and was causing her to lick it constantly. Later, Jools would help as we cut it off (the bandage, not her tail), and hoped that the antibiotics would now be doing their thing. She was sure hungry enough.

Mid-morning and the bread was bakes, so I have a crust with some jam and a huge cuppa.

Yummy.

I won't lie, the day dragged, but with music and podcasts, it passes.

Dinner is marnated chicken with some of the sweet potao and vegetable curried dish that Jools learned to make last week, they were together well

We had bought a large bag of peanut M&Ms from Canterbury on Sunday, so have a handful with a coffee to round the evenig off.

Or before the football starts, Everton v Arsenal. I give up at half time with it being 0-1, and Everton looked a beaten team. Which explains the result which Everton won with a goal in extra time.

Oh well.

I was already asleep.

No comments: