Sunday 19 December 2021

Saturday 18th December 2021

Not just the weekend, but the start of the Christmas vacation.

At least for me.

Jools has three and a half days left.

And for the day, I had huge plans for a social get together with fellow orchidists from my FB group, we were to meet in Folkestone at midday. Not even COVID was going to stop us.

So I thought.

We got up at just gone six, and after I had fed the cats and made the first coffees, I said I would go to Tesco to pick up some stuff I forgot last time. JOols stayed home to get dressed after a shower.

Three hundred and fifty two Online there was traffic chaos, increase restrictions on those entering France meant that there were queues all the way backing to to Folkestone and beyond. There seemed to be just a way to get to Whitfeld, so I set off.

A swifter in the Just Reproach Tesco wasn't too bad, plenty of stock on the shelves.

I had to come back through the lanes, as the A2 was a lorry park again, it looked like it was set in for days.

A swifter in the Just Reproach Back home where I made bacon sandwiches.

I posted an update on my orchid group, and the one guy who replied said he couldn't get there if there was traffic jams, so I called it off.

A swifter in the Just Reproach Sigh.

Other than a haircut for Jools, we had nothing planned now, and anyway, sea fog rolled in, robbing us of vews over the Dip to the village.

Middle Street, Deal Even with Omicron, there was football to listen to, not just as much.

For a while I have thought that snapping the centre of Deal especially around Middle Street would be great on a foggy evening, so at half three, we set off for downtown Deal.

Middle Street, Deal But it seemed the fog was more altitude concentrated, and down at sea level in Deal, there was no fog. No matter, we could wait. Wait by going to a pub.

Middle Street, Deal The Just Reproach.

It was busy without being crowded, and had a fine strong dark ale on, Goacher's 1066, which was very fine indeed. I have another half pint just to make sure.

Middle Street, Deal We taled to a lady who has just moved to the town, from deepest London, and is still stunned she lives 25m from the beach.

Deal We leave her on her 4th pint of 1066, good work, and head to Middle Street.

Deal I take a dozen shots, no fog though, but the shots looked good enough.

Deal And with that we walked back to the car, where thanks to the beer, Jools had to drive. On a positive note, No Name Shop was still open, so we bought some stinky cheese and the last two"luxury" sausage rolls.

One Way We had both when we got home and I can confirm both the sausage rolls and cheese were very fine indeed.

Pater Lieven Kerstpater Christmas I watch Leeds get hooped by Arsenal, 1-4!

And so the day faded to fog once again.

No comments: