Tuesday 14 December 2021

Monday 13th December 2021

So, here is the big news.

I have been pondering whether to say anything about it, but now that I have got this far, why not?

I am applying for another job.

Not sure if it'll be a good fit, but one came up requiring a Quality Manager with security clearance. Not many of those in east Kent, so I applied, and last week I had a Zoom meeting with their MD.

All went well, and I was invited to attend a face to face interview on Monday.

Not even sure if I would take it if offered, but the chase is fun, and I get an updated CV into the bargain.

Why?

Well, if you have read these posts over the last few weeks, my patience has worn out, and I have to decide can I put up with more of the same or do something else. Last week, I told my current boss I was requesting a transfer out of his department.

Not sure what the outcome of that is, but I have another meeting with him on Wednesday.

I am worn down, kind of depressed I think. Not through volume of work, but what we're doing isn't making any difference. It makes logging on in the morning difficult, and I don't know what the future is going to hold if I stay there. All I am focussing on is Friday and being off work for two and a half weeks.

Monday was exciting as it was, as Jools was going away for five whole days, not coming back until Friday, as she was travelling with Jen to Bolton, and then doing something else for the rest of the week. The plan had originally been to walk the Leeds to Liverpool Cnal from Wigan to Skipton if not Leeds, but the distances needed to wlak each day seemed ambitious, so alternative plans after the first day we mooted.

Jools packed, and we waited for Jen to arrive at eight, and for them to be waved off. I will not see Jen until February or maybe even March.

I walked back into the house, there was silence, the cats were asleep, and I had work to do.

I do long on, and find nothing much had happened. There is a meeting in an hour, so I make some toast and another coffee, munch on that wile I browse news on the intranet. Nothing exciting, if I'm honest.

All in all, not much of anything happened.

At twelve, I finish as I needed a shower and shave, then try to find something presentable to wear, fearing that COVID has caused be to balloon to the Homer-like size and I'd need a mumu. But as it happened, the first short fitted, as did the black jeans, that looked presentable. I added an armourers tie, put on a juper to hide the straining shirt buttons, and I was ready to go.

I checked everything, and set off.

The factory is at the old Pfizer site, which is now being turned over to other companies. I just had to get in, and word on the street was that it was like Fort Knox to get into.

I pulled up at the gate, but the wrong side of the piquet post, I reversed the car round, then caled security who I had been assured would have been told were execting me.

They were not.

I had to wait 15 minutes, then the gate swung open, and I drove into the second set of gates, and requiring another clal this time to reception, and after a few seconds that gate opened too.

Anyway, I got there, in time, and was prepared. Lets see what heppens now.

An hour and a half later I left, dusk was falling even before half three, the light matched my mood.

I drove home where all four cats were waiting in different locations around the living room, all wanting their dinner.

OK, boys and girls, here goes.

Them fed, I make a coffee and catch up on the madness around the world, outside darkness fell.

Dinner was warmed up leftovers and stir fry, much better than it sounds if I'm honest. I treat myself to a pint of squash, and sit at the table to eat, with the radio laying quietly in the background.

Three hundred and forty seven Jools called. She was in Wigan, it was raining, but she was going to try to find a place to have dinner, she was looking forward to a walk the next day, and forgetting about work.

The evening's football was cancelled due to COVID, so I write, listen to the radio and come nine, go to bed to read WSC and be joined by Scully this time. I fell asleep to her gentle purring.

No comments: