Thursday 23 December 2021

Wednesday 22nd December 2021

Third day off, and I could do whatever I wanted, but I couldn't be bothered.

Jools asked if I wanted the car for the day, but to go where? Everywhere just about will be jammed with people, and although my trip to Sevenoaks lasted a little over six hours, I was going to stay home.

This was also Jools' last full day of work of the year, and hopefully with production having stopped for the year, things should ease up, but there is always something to do.

We were up jsut after five, and put the heating on, feed the cats and make coffee.

Its been quite the year, I'd like to think we will be able to look back on 2021 and 2020 and laugh about some of the things we saw and did. But too many people have suffered, the rich have found a way to become richer under cover of an international crisis, and would much rather you look the other way. I don't see this changing much, either.

Three hundred and fifty six Sigh.

Jools leaves, and I put on a radio show from the night before, begin editing the shots taken on Tuesday and writing up the visit for the blog. Its not a high pressure day, that's for sure.

Toast for breakfast, fruit at mid-morning, and more toast (with cheese) for lunch. I am tempted my cheese and crackers, but I know once I start, so the tin is left unopened and the cheese remains in the fridge.

In the afternoon I was some art documentaries I found free on YouTube. One was the history of the Baroque and another on the lost English master painter, William Dobson, who lived and worked through the English Revolution. His work is stunning, espeically this which I could look at all day.

He is the figure in the centre.

Anyway.

Dinner is pizza and beer, which is easy to prepare, and so gives me time to loll around the house some more. Steve Lamacq is on holiday, and Marc Riley is off with suspected COVID, so there is little to listen to the on the radio.

Corsendonk Christmas Ale We eat quickly, and wash up two plates and a cutting board and pizza wheel.

Easy.

There is football on the tellybox, which I watch, healf-hearted. Spurs beat West Ham, in a good game. Though, I do feel this is the turn of a new part of the pandemic. Full stadiums with chanting fans will be a thing of the past again come New Year's Eve, if not sooner, with more games already being called off due to infections for Boxing Day.

Coming up, the final preparations for Christmas, shopping and baking. But for now, it was time for bed.

No comments: