Thursday 9 December 2021

Wednesday 8th December 2021

Back in the jugg agane.

Here we are. I feel I am treading water, waiting for something to happen. Maybe it will.

I added up my left over days off, (9) and populated my Outlook calendar for work and I find that I finish work next Friday.

Three hundred and forty two Which is nice.

I told my manager last week I hadn't had any training on how to book holiday or working hours. Still haven't, so I'm just going to not go into work on the Monday.

A walk with the low sun Simples.

After two days of storms and rain, Wednesday was supposed to be much better, even possible to go for a walk, if I get work done.

A walk with the low sun 100% chance of a walk later, I would say.

In India there seems to be some kind of national holiday, so most of the department are off, meaning mails are even quieter than usual.

A walk with the low sun Tumbleweed rolls across the living room.

There is not much to report, really. Once Jools has gone to work, I make a slice of toast and another coffee, and retreat to watch another podcast before starting work.

A walk with the low sun Through the day I made a huge pan of ragu; two tims of tomatoes, a whole bulb of smoked garlic, celary, carrots, cooked for 90 minutes, then whizzed once cooled. In the afternoon I brown the ground beef, add that to the mix, which was already heavily spiced and seasoned, and let simmer for two hours. So through the day the house smelt of good Italian rustic cooking.

A walk with the low sun Mmmmmm.

So, between cooking that, I work, make calls and offer quality-related advice. Mainly, measure twice cut once. They'll get it in the end.

A walk with the low sun SO, late in the afternoon with the sun low in the west, casting very long shadows, I put on my coat and boots.

A walk with the low sun After work yesterday, I went for a quick walk before sunset.

The sun was very low, on a day when it doesn't really rise that high anyway. So, long shadows, rich golden colours.

I have a sore back, so didn't walk far, just along the street, up to Collingwood and then along to Fleet House and back over the fields.

A walk with the low sun I had had a long day on the computer with work, so some fresh air and sunshine was very welcome indeed.

I walk back over the fields into the sun, and my shadow is twenty metres long, stretching way back to the tiny horses paddock.

A walk with the low sun Back home, I pack up work stuff and finish off dinner, and make some garlic bread to go with the pasta. I even had a glass or two of red plonk to wash it all down with.

There was more football to watch, but my heart wasn't in it, and I left it with MK Dons 1-0 up.

No comments: