Thursday 16 December 2021

Wednesday 15th December 2021

Two days home alone and I have not had a party and/or bured the house down. I'd call that a good result.

I have been in a slough of misery for the last few days, not really knowing how my boss would react t my comments last week, but on Wednesday, I would find out, as we have the second meeting to go over the points missed and additional ones I raised.

I did sleep in to half five, the phone alarm bringing me back to the land of the living, and that last glass of sloe gin must have been off as my head was very woolly indeed.

But there are cats to deal with, and so with me checking for animals and/or vomit, I feed them one at a time, then can make the first coffee of the day, and pnder on what happens next.

Wat will happen next is a second coffee and some toast with nutella, ass I was very, very hungry.

We are running low on food, so I plan to go shopping on Thursday or Friday delending on how I feel. As it was, I was going to get really hungry during the morning, just as well I had got a pack of sausages out of the freezer the night before to go with the cold mashed potato I could fry up. That was supposed to be for dinner, but my stomach said we should eat it soon, precious.

So, the build up to my meeting with my boss was nervous, as I wasn't sure what would be said. But he laid out some plans for the new year, which I actually liked, but I had to repeat what I said on Friday, and so for 40 minutes went round in crcles with the outcome to speak again before Christmas, of Friday as it turns out.

Three hundred and forty nine I was more positive, and began to make plans in my head for how I tackle my new project.

The day progressed until half ten when my stomach indicated it needed food.

Fried food.

So, I reheated the bowl of leftover mashed potato, now, if you cook it a long time, the moisture and butter evaporates and it all goes crispy, so what was a large bowl doesn't look quite so much at the end. I grilled the sausages, and finally fried a slice of stale bread, and bingo.

Man, that was good eating.

And I felt like doing little for the rest of the day, but had to listen to the latest townhall meeting where what they said bore no relation to reality.

So, the day slipped away.

I wrote some Christmas cards then went for a quick walk up to Collingwood to post them, and found the box decorated with crochet, like the one on the centre of the village was.

A little festive surprise What I can tell you is that I wasn't hungry, so had some fruit and yogurt for dinner, then put the radio on to write and edit shots.

There was football to listen to, or because of the fractured nature of the rights, BBC were not able to give actual commentary, but describe events after they happened. It must make sense to someone. I won't listen to Talk Shite because it is shite, anyway.

I had a glass of sloe port whilst I followed the Ipswich FA Cup game on Twitter and via the BBC website.

Very funny, they lost 2-0.

I had a third glass to celebrate.

Yay.

No comments: