Tuesday 9 April 2019

Another anniversary

Nine years ago today, just before five, I got a call from the job agency saying that I had been successful for the job with Vestas.

I had lost my job with the survey company a year before, and we had struggled to make the mortgage payments on the house.

So, what this meant was that we would have no worries for six months as that was how long the contract was for at first.

We went out to the quiz night, and I drank in celebration of the news. And of course, in the end it has lead to ten years work, promotion and responsibility, travel across Europe and even to China, and the cash has funded our lifestyle and my photography habit.

Which is nice.

Work is tough right now, but it will get better.

Nine.more.years.

2 comments:

forkboy said...

I've had jobs I hated... and I've been out of work. A job I hate is always better.

Congrats, Ian :-)

jelltex said...

I know you're right, Mark, but in the heat of the day, meetings and pressure, sometimes it feels I should just walk away