Saturday 6 April 2019

Thursday 4th April 2019

I awoke from a combined ten hours sleep, and felt fantastic.

And I had caught up on my inbox the previous day.

And all I had to do was get through that day and the weekend, would, in effect, begin.

All.

I get up have a shower. Outside it is dawn and already the town is waking up Most at the yard will already be in having the day's briefing before a hard day climbing up and down turbine towers.

I went to breakfast and dined on fruit and nutella filled rolls. The pot of coffee on each table was much appreciated, so I could drink my fill without moving. Which is nice.

Once at the office I have face to face meetings, meetings on line and meetings on the phone with the customer.

This is my working day now.

I am so busy I don't even think about lunch, so work all the way through.

And at four, with most others having already left, and my colleagues apparently in relationships meaning they all had to turn down the offer of dinner out that evening, I go back to my business hotel room, send some final e mails and set my out of office message.

Ninety four I walk to the beer shop at the far end of the high street to pick up two more bottles of the Hardy Ale. They think its funny that they import it from UK to Denmark only for me to take it back. But it is easy to buy it where I see it.

I eat alone in the hotel restaurant, a small burger and fries. I even treat myself to a beer, a dark ale from Fano, which was very nice.

And that is it. No football to distract me, just finish the David Hepworth book, and turn in at half nine, so to be bright eyed at half five in the morning.

No comments: