Thursday 11 April 2019

Wednesday 10th April 2019

The bane of modern office work is mails. Mails and meetings.

I know both are important, but we spend most of our time either answering mails or attending meetings or writing meeting MoMs, or reading them.

It never ends.

Never.

Today was worse than usual, with meetings all morning, then firefighting afterwards, then an afternoon catching up on the important mails. The work I had planned to do was left undone.

Instead I swim against the tide, trying to fight the good fight, trying to defeat the forces of evil.

As you do.

Return to The Dip But before then, breakfast, coffee and the pause before the storm. And as I woke up hungry, I had toast with gooseberry jam. Lovely.

And then work.

Until four when my brain melts, and I decide that I have cabin fever, so go out for a stroll.

Return to The Dip Good news for the Dip fan club in that I walked there yesterday afternoon.

I had a little cabin fever, so at the end of the went over the fields, via the path linking our street and the next to snap the Creeping Comfrey that grows there, then along Collingwood to the Pig's Copse. The piglets were all sleeping the late afternoon through.

Return to The Dip The Dip was still muddy, but then we had some heavy rain so I didn't go down, just walked back up the slope then back over the fields to home.

Return to The Dip Plenty of spring flowers now in bloom and other starting to really shoot up.

Return to The Dip Once Jools was back home, we had dinner, then I settle down to live stream the Norwich game v Reading. A win tonight and on Sunday, and we should be up.

Return to The Dip And then the script went wrong, Reading took the lead and City misfired. City had 25 or more shots, but could not score, and then ten minutes from time level, and two minutes later take the lead.

Return to The Dip Pandemonium.

Then in the 7th minute of injury time, Reading level with the last kick of the game.

Flat lined.

In the end, it probably won't matter that much, but seemed so deflating. That would have been our 9th win in a row. So close.

2 comments:

forkboy said...

I do like that you have such a gorgeous place to get out and stretch both the mind and muscles after a day spent fighting the good fight. It's rather magical I think.

nztony said...

"Dip Fan Club Member" here..... huge fan actually.