Thursday 18 April 2019

Wednesday 17th April 2019

Ash Wednesday (PH, Denmark)

I mention the above as I have gotten a little behind at work.

And by that I mean that each day I plan to catch up on what I need to do, then the avalanche of that day's mails come tumbling in, and the catch up gets worse.

But this being a public holiday in DK meant, in theory I might be able to make some progress.

I hope.

And yet the mails keep coming. As do the meetings. Well, I have a deputy. A mini-mee. My old boss, who is taking control of the work stream at one place, so there is some alignment, and he is asking difficult questions. And quite rightly so, as I hear myself says, "I was hoping we could wing it" for the third time in ten minutes.

Not a good plan.

Anyway, we come up with a plan going forward, and hopefully a plan that puts us on the front foot, which is nice.

Of course.

Outside it looks like Spring, but it is still cool. Not as cold as it was at the weekend, but not warm enough to sit outside.

I was excited to see what looked like a strange new bird in the back garden. I say strange, it had wings and feet and a head and all that, but it had different markings, and I thought it might be a Linnet or, after some internet research, a Reedpoll.

One hundred and six There was a good half dozen feeding off seeds in the daisies, and one had a dusky pink breast and what might have been a pink patch at the front of his head.

Reedpoll?

Lesser Reedpoll?

But no, a contact on FB identifies as a Linnet after all, and feeding on seeds makes sense.

I have hundreds of shots, all bar one so blurred they are pretty much unusable. I can say that due to the sea fog that rolled in soon after sunrise meant the light was poor.

After Jools came back home, and we had dinner of more urger, stir fry and noodles, I settle down to listen to the big game. Big game: Citeh v Spurs in the CL.

And it was mental: 2-2 after 15 minutes, and 3-2 to Citeh after 22 minutes. Spurs pull level, then Citeh score again, so lead 4-2, Spurs pull a goal back, but are drawing 4-4 over the two legs. And the goal survies a VAR review for handball.

Two minutes into injury time, Citeh score the winner But no, there's a review, and Aguero was offside, just, so the goal is wiped off, Spurs hang on to go through.

Wow.

No comments: