Monday 1 April 2019

Sunday 31st March 2019

British Summer Time

A much quieter day.

Not just because I was pooped, but because the wind did blow and was cloudy. Not at all good for an orchid hunt.

But there will be many more chances in the next 5 months to do that, but it would have been nice to see an orchid flowering in March. One year, perhaps.

So, we get up at six, thought that is seven in GMT, I think.

Most of the clocks in the house change themselves, but you're never quite sure at first if they did change; so is it five, six or seven?

The birds don't care, they're still singing an hour before sunrise. I lay in bed to listen to them, while Scully sits on the bed hoping I was going to get up and feed her.

We have coffee, and I watch the football. Jools is in the back garden working away while I slouch in front of the TV

Plan for the day is to finish the rock garden in the front garden. THe previous version had been there 5 years, and was looking untidy, so Jools sourced some decent edging, so we took the stones up and laid half a ton of manure down, and now next door have had their house re-rendered, we could do the garden without fear of it being coated in dust from removing the old render.

Ninety On Friday we put down the membrane to keep weeds at bay, and lay the edging down. Sunday, we had to put the monolith back, then place all the slate chippings back.

We managed to get the monolith back, though my thinking lead to Jools having her knuckles scraped by me changing the lifting plan. Its never me that gets hurt, is it?

Anyway, we get that upright, put the chips back, then find that we need more, so we go to the garden centre in Alkham to get six bags of (slate) chips, come back home and put those down, rack them flat, and it looks darn good.

Lunch time?

I make naked burgers with stir fry and noodles. And tripel.

Within an hour I announce I am tired and going for a lay down on the bed. I get in the bed and listen to the start of the Cardiff v Chalski game. I miss most of the first half, whilst Jools watches some show on Netflix downstairs.

I stay un bed to listen to the rest of the afternoon's games, all exciting stuff.

But the day is nearing its end, even with BST, getting dark at seven, or just gone.

I agree to play Jools at Uckers, and she wins! What the actual heck?

And that is it. Another weekend gone like that.

How is that possible?

No comments: