Tuesday 16 April 2019

Monday 15th April 2019

However much sleep I had, it wasn't enough. When I get up my eyes itch due to lack of sleep, and I needed three cups of Java, not just the one.

And with it already being six in the morning, work was coming ever closer, now just two hours away.

Bah.

I put the radio on and let the music calm me.

At least, I tell myself, I don't have a meeting until half past nine, I could ease myself into this.

But after logging on the phone goes.

"Have you seen the mail?"

And so it goes, the day I planned of catching up on work was turning to ashes in 5 minutes.

One hundred and four I have fruit for breakfast, and in under two hours I am having lunch. It is not yet ten. I will be hungry by three in the afternoon, willing for the end of the day.

Outside it is a bright day, and slightly warmer. Slightly. And when the sun shines from the south, warm enough to have the back door open a while.

The cats sleep through the day, only waking up near to four o'clock when they think it was very nearly dinner time.

I am so shattered, I know I should do more, but I see the flashing lights hinting at an impending migraine.

Imperial I sit in the garden, watching the birds feed from the various things we have round the garden, but already as the afternoon heads towards five, it is cool enough to need a coat. I go inside.

Soon to be dinner time, a skinny version of insalata, with a reduced amount of garlic bread and no oil. It works, quite well. And as I am not on a strict diet, I have some wine.

Which is nice.

We do watch the second semi-final of Only Connect, and I would like to have stayed up to listen to the footy, but I am so darn tired, so be are off to our beds at nine.

At least there are just three more days at work this week.

No comments: