Thursday 4 April 2019

Wednesday 3rd April 2019

I woke up at half three, woken by the late dinner we had eaten, which was laying as heavy as you might imagine half an overweight pig would do. And as usual, my mind woke up and started going at 100mph. By the time daybreak game, I was just falling asleep when my alarm went off.

Here we go again.

I have a shower and look at my reflection in the bathroom mirror, I looked back with bloodshot eyes and I decided I looked crap.

Welcome to my world.

Hotel corridor I get dressed and go down to have breakfast, meeting with my colleagues. I have fruit and followed, as usual by nutella filled roll. And lots of coffee.

Once in the office I was told by my manager that I needed rest, and I should leave as soon as possible and get some snooze time.

That sounded good.

I have meetings and tackle the overflowing inbox. I remember one day when there would be just that day's mails waiting to be dealt with. Now I have hundreds and maybe thousands of unread mails in the inbox.

After lunch we have the bi-weekly meeting, and as the others were leaving for Aarhus, I decide to go back to the hotel.

I go to my room, lay in bed, read for twenty minutes or so, then snooze for two hours, waiting up just gone 5.

I felt much better.

Ninety three I walk to the new shopping centre near the railway station. A huge and shiny monstrosity, full of new boutiques with no customers. Along the high street more empty shops could be seen, killed by the new mall. All will soon die.

At least it looks nice.

I walk back to the main square and go to the Posthuis for dinenr again. I have a Mexican burger, which was rather bland, washed down with 60ml of orange juice instead of beer. Felt much, much better.

I go to my room, write and watch some Danish football.

Then go to bed at half ten, sleep for eight hours.

2 comments:

forkboy said...

i can commiserate regarding the bane of email. I average 70-per day... and I'm managing a grew of five. There's no way one can manage people and tackle a new email every 6-minutes.

jelltex said...

Mails and meetings kill actual work.