Wednesday 10 April 2019

Tuesday 9th April 2019

And here we are, Tuesday and apparently endless work ahead.

I can now reveal that I have lost a stone. 14 pounds in something like 6 weeks, including staying in hotels, dining out on the company credit card and drinking beer and wine.

And I have done it with just minor changes. Of course, I wish I had lost more quicker, but seeing Jools putting herself through hell, which seems more like torture to me. Whilst I have been living off the toasted cheese sandwich diet.

I am happy.

So I celebrate with a tin of grapefruit segments, the last of the Dutch strawberries and some cherry yoghurt. Lovely.

Just a shame I have to go to work, really.

But work beckons, I have dozens of reports to review and reply to, so I get down to business.

And then there is e mails that threaten to get in the way. In fact after lunch I am so distracted that I don't get back to my reports, so I have loads to do, but have 5 done.

At east in an everchanging world, there are always Skype meetings to attend to drag us away from actual work. Not that work goes away, it just gets shuffled down the inbox.

I wish I had chance to go out for a walk, I probably did, but the weather was grim; fog giving way to drizzle and then to steady rain.

The day never got that brght, so I had the table lamp on again all day.

Ninety nine The one bright spot was when in another meeting, Scully brings in a Wren, meows and off it flies. So I have to apologise to those in the meeting whilst I with a meowing Scully chase the wren around the house. I find Scully and Mulder looking at the shagged out tiny bird on the living room carpet.

I scoop the bird up and take it to the back door, when I open my hand, it flies off very happy at its second chance at life. The cats looked at me disgusted having let lunch go free.

So back to work.

And so the afternoon passes until 5, when I wrap up work having really got not that much further ahead, but a day nearer retirement or death. Whatever comes first. Hoping for the former, of course.

We have naturally smoked Scottish salmon with whisky and honey along with stir fry and noodles. And it is a meal of kings. I mean the smoked salmon was divine.

I listen to Spurs v Citeh in the CL. An exciting game, which Spurs snatch at the end, although Sir Harry the Kane Hotspur is now injured and maybe out for the season.

So it goes, so it goes.

1 comment:

forkboy said...

Now THAT is an excellent work-related story! Last week my fellow managers and I were attending one of those web-based meetings.. not one where we can see each other, but someone is sharing their computer screen and we're talking via a conference call phone.

We placed our microphone on mute while we joked and made otherwise disparaging comments about the quality of the training. At one point they were discussing the acronym MCAW (Manual Check And Wire)....

I suddenly and rather loudly screech "MCAW" like a deranged parrot. Lisa, next to me, burst out laughing so hard she claimed she almost wet herself.