Thursday 25 April 2019

Wednesday 24th April 2019

The working week continues.

My main worry on Wednesday was to try to get tickets or ticket, for the final Norwich home game of the season. Apparently, Blackburn had returned several hundred tickets, and these going to be made available to home fans. hey were to go on sale at nine in the morning.

Of course I had meetings all morning, but I could have my own PC running beside the work one, with an eye on each.

I logged onto the site early, and the ticket sales page was unavailable due to maintenance. I could wait.

I reloaded the page and clicked on the line for the game at five to nine. A display tole me I had an hour to wait until I was at the front.

Already.

I knew it was hopeless, but I kept on hoping.

And I had to lead a Skype meeting. They did understand.

One hundred and thirteen. At quarter to ten, I reached the front, rather too quickly. And I guessed right, all tickets gone.

Sigh.

In truth we could probably not afford me going off for another weekend, but then days of such celebrations come very few and far between, there would be sme kind of party in the city Saturday night.

Oh well. I could watch it here, have a party with myself and Jools. And the cats.

Let's just hope we get at least the draw we need.

But back to work.

A working day now contains at least four hours of meetings, meaning the work I wanted to catch up on went undone, and more work carried on arriving.

I ploughed on, stopping for lunch, but it was too chilly to sit outside.

Then back to work.

I stopped at five, with being no further forward, apparently, that where I when I started.

I make dinner: hickor smoked pork, stir fry and some fried new potatoes.

Cheers.

And then there was the Manc derby on the radio.

I listen, but almost too tired to stay awake. 0-0 at half time, Citeh take the upper hand in the 2nd, scoring two golas, and running out winners. Utd look a shadow of the side from just a few weeks ago; 7 defeats in nine games.

Still, gotta laugh.

No comments: