Saturday 20 March 2021

Flag Days

One of the things we Brits notice when we visit the US first is flags. Flags everywhere.

One time I went to visit my friends in Arkansas and they insisted taking me to see the largest Stars and Stripes in the country.

I was underwhelmed.

I mean it was a big flag, but meh.

I mention this because there has been a proliferation of flags in the homes of Ministers when they appear on Zoom calls either to Parliament or for TV interviews. A BBC host even mocked one Minister for the small size of his flag. I say mocked, it was a passing comment, but she was forced to appologise and for "liking" four comments on Twitter also gently mocking Minister's flags.

A country is more than a flag or a head of state. It is more about the people than anything else. But these chancers are wrapping themselves in the Union Flag to show how patriotic they are, when whilst in power they have allowed 125,000 people to die from COVID, let the country suffer the largest economic hit of any western nation, and on top of that imposed the hardest of Brexit on us.

But they love our country, and if you don't, a COnservative MP tweeted yesterday, pick any other country and go and live there.

But sugar tits, you took away that right from us at the end of last year, and this is my country as much as yours.

No comments: