Monday 29 March 2021

Sunday 28th March 2021

Day 2 of the weekend and Easter Holiday. Kinda.

Anyway, it was to be cool and windy. Stormy even.

So, there was no going out snapping plants, as I had all week for that. I thought.

Instead Jen was coming for lunch, and there was the question of a haircut. Now, we have trimmers and all that, but hairdressers open in two weeks, could I wait for that?

Eighty seven I thought I would try.

In fact, my fringe and mop at the front of my head is the right length, its the back half down my neck that is long and feels like its beginning to curl.

The next question was breakfast: fruit or something else?

Sausage sarnies Well, I had failed to put one pack on fresh bangers in the freezer, and there were the rolls which were for the ham in the fridge for supper, but if there was another way.....

Sausage sarnies Yes, I cook the sausages and put them, split in half, in the rolls, which we much down heartily with fresh brews.

Nearly Yes, that felt better.

I like fruit, but not every day.

I make soup for Monday's dinner, and prepare the steaks for lunch.

I am a blur of activity.

(not really).

Anyway, the soup is another triumph, but that came with the fresh stock I put in with the butternut squash and carrots.

Jen arrives at midday, so we sit down for a came of Meld (Jen wins), after which I cook dinner. It all comes together well, and so we sit down to eat at half one.

Sunday lunch Here is the pictorial evidence.

And after washing up and packing away, we play another game of meld (I win).

By which time it was nearly time for football, England playing in Albania, or playing Albania.

A closer game than some thought, but England win 2-0, so alls well.

We have lamb samosas for supper, something light. By which time it was nearly eight, and time for #wildflowerhour again.

The weeks rattle round pretty darn quick.

And that was the weeend.

No comments: