Wednesday 17 March 2021

Tuesday 16th March 2021

After the fairly good weather of the weekend, and Monday afternoon, Tuesday dawned with rain, and most of the day to have it too, apparently.

I dreamt I was drowning, so woke up wrapped in the duvet and apparently half of it in my mouth.

I was safe.

It is now getting light just after five, so we have the blinds down, but you can see light still. A cool, milky half light that gets stonger quicker and quicker. And once up, it is almost daylight, and there is a black and white kitten running down the garden.

Bless Cleo.

Jools had made coffee as usual, and soo she is off doing her morning walk, now in daylight, but she will get wet with the rain. I have a second coffee and have to get ready for an early meeting, and get down to the task in hand, reviewing work documents, cross-referencing and spotting the not so deliberate mistakes.

The morning flies, as I have actual work to do, proper productive work, and so the morning flies by.

In fact breakfast, second breakfast and lunch are all prepared and eaten by midday. The hungry little hobbit I am. Turns out a banana, blueberries, pineapple, grape nuts and yogurt makes for a fine breakfast, and prosecco marmalade on toast made with home made bread is good too.

These little things.

The sun never really gets out, so I sneak out to look in the garden and snap the gooseberry bush, not noticing how fantastic the lichen is, processing on Wednesday morning would reveal this wonder. You don't have to wait, here it is.

Seventy five THe cats sleep all day, and Poppy is pretty chilled these day, although MUlder and Scully do seem to enjoy stalking her, though I know it's just instinct. In fact, Mulder is chased out three times and banned from the house, each time he tries to get in he hears my footsteps and goes back through the cat flap.

Sigh.

At four I am done for the day, and finish preparing dinner; a repeat of tacos with the leftover shells, so I made another sicy tomato sauce, add chicken and left to ferment all day.

So, once Jools comes back, I cook it all up, warm the tacos and pour the beers.

Cheers.

The football season is nearing the first of its many climaxes, with Swansea, one of four teams trying to keep up with Norwich, away at Bournemout. The home side cruie to a 3-0 win, and Derby come from two down to draw with Brentford, though Watford win, to clse the gap to seven points, but a win on Wednesday would put us 13 points clear with nine to play.

All in all, not bad.

No comments: