Wednesday 3 March 2021

Tuesday 2nd March 2021

So, I have stabised my shoulder, sort of. I am not sleeping too well, but I thought well enough. Though I am awake before the alarm goes off, sometimes by maybe an hour, so I guess the accumiclated lost hours of sleep catch up.

Which it did non Tuesday.

I mention this, because as the day panned out,t his would have a serious effect. It all began when trying to review a document on the laptop, I have no way of printing, since it seems HP have a different priter cartidge for every printer, and even taking the number off the empty cartidge means getting sent the wrong one. So, no printing. So I have to review via PDF reader.

All is well, but for hours and hours, staring at the screen meant I became aware that I was having trouble focussing, this was the start of migraine. Now, as regular readers will be aware, I don't get the headaches, blinding or otherwise, but I do get the flashing, shimmering lights. And on bad days can be left washed out.

Cardamine hirsuta So, at about 10, I felt a migraine coming on, so switched off the laptop, laid on the sofa until the next meeting at midday, which I was late for.

Veronica persica But no damage done.

But just half an hour was enough to bring on another bout of flashing lights, so I log off again, and after laying down for half an hour, go for a walk.

A walk in some early spring sunshine It was a glorious day, right from the first hint of dawn to sunset; clear skies, endless sunshine, though not quite as warm as on Saturday, warm enough.

A walk in some early spring sunshine I walked along our street, and into the lane beyond. I took the track up to Collingwood, as on the edge of that field last year I saw some Dense-flowered Fumitory, but none seen as yet this year.

A walk in some early spring sunshine Along Collingwood, and down the first track to the left, all the while hoping to see flowers in bloom, but I saw none. Was still pleasant out, though.

A walk in some early spring sunshine I take the next track right, running parallel to Windy Ridge two fields away, then turn up the next track to walk to the wood.

A walk in some early spring sunshine All I saw in flower were some violets, and some planted daffodils. And no butterflies.

Sadly.

Instead of walking in the wood, I take the track to the edge of it, as it is a sun trap and a good place to see basking sleepy butterflies. And still saw none.

A walk in some early spring sunshine Walking along, minding my own business, when there was a terrible pain in my foot, like I had been stung. I took one more step and could not go on. So, sat on the grass bank, took off my shoe to find a maythorn branch attached, and a torn had gone through the sole into my foot.

That hurt That explained it.

I took it out, put the shoe back on and so was painfree again.

Back home in time for a webinar, which I joined from colleagues from India and Italy, Brazil and Morocco. The guy from India took the webinar, and I know I struggled to understand what he said, I have no idea how the others did.

A walk in some early spring sunshine At half four, we were done, as was I. But we also had plans for the evening, as it was Jen's birthday.

I ordered a curry from the place in Whitfield, then waited for Jools to come home. I fed the cats, made a coffee.

We had time to chat before we had to leave to pick up the curry and starters and rice and naan breads.

We almost didn't make it, as the queue for McDonalds off the roundabout blocked the road, but we got by. Picked up the food as it was ready, then to Jen's where she was waiting.

Wucca wucca I had ordered 5 starters, three curries, two rice dishes and two garlic naans. Never order food when you're hungry is the lesson here.

And there was enough curry and rice left over for me for lunch on Wednesday, and lunch for Jools for two days.

Fifty two Mike came round with flowers for Jen, we talk for an hour, as it is the first time we had seen Mike since October at least.

Talking to someone new!

How exciting.

Anyway, it was half eight, time to go home, have a wine and go to bed.

Roads were quiet, fog was coming down, but we got home safe.

Which was nice.

No comments: