Wednesday 10 March 2021

Tuesday 9th March 2021

For one day at least, spring arrived.

And, of course, I had to work.

Sigh.

But I think I could wangle an early finish so I could go for a walk.

scilla siberica Maybe.

Out the back of the house, a dark red srescent moon was rising, also waning, the sky was getting lighter by the minute, soon the moon faded, and more blackbirds joined in the chorus.Sunrise is now six twenty five, over a hundred minutes it was befre Christmas, and sunset wasn't untilafter quarter to six, and remained light for a good half hour later.

Hyacinth Inbetween we had nearly eleven and a half hours of unbroken sunshine, light winds and warm enough to sit outside. If there was no work to do.

Springtime in the Jelltex garden As the old company has been wound up, the annual apprasails have been brought forward, and mine was Tuesday morning. I had my old boss and my new boss. I said my Dad said if two insurance salesmen came round, be worried. Should I be worried about two managers?

The path less travelled They did at least laugh.

I am a top blioke, good manager, without any minions, but did a fine job. I should be pleased with my year. I was. Thursday my new manager will give me my targets for the new year, which we are three months into. But you know, things are moving forward.

The path less travelled Through the day, I review documents, make notes no one will read, maybe even me. It passes the time.

I go outside to do a ciruit of the garden, flowers are in bloom, other plants are sprouting, the spawn is looking good, though no movement yet. I took some shots, just because.

I have to go to the post office, and decide that should be it for the day as far as work is concerned. The next five days there is to be heavy rain and gales, so I thought I would get out. I walked up and down Station Road, drop a mail with stuff for the office, a new contract signed.

The path less travelled Back home, I get two cameras, and set off along our street, cut up the footpath to check on the wildflowers there, as everything seems to be well advanced there. Lots of promroses and red deadnettle to see, though the comfrey has been walked over I think. Further on the last of the Winter Helotrope was going to seed, but left behind a carpet of heart-shaped leaves.

The path less travelled Along Collingwood, then down the track back to the footpath over the fields, and once near to Fleet House, I felt a change. There is a footpath that sets off at an accute angle, across the narrow lower field, goes through two hedges, across two more fields, past the farm, then up the big field the other side of The Dip.

I went that way.

he first field was full of Field Speedwell, I mean it was a carpet of green leaves and tiny blue and white flowers, with a frew brassicas thrown in.

The path less travelled The path through the hedge was so overgrown with ivy, I had to stoop doubled over to get through, then down to the bottom of the Dip, cutting near to the corner of the farm's garden, then up the other side.

Sixty eight My back complained, but I kept going. And views down to Kingsdown and the Channel beyond opened out.

At the top of the field, I joined the path that skirts the field and back down, through the farm and up the other side to pass within feet of our house, and a short walk along the street to home.

The path less travelled And a fresh, strong brew.

It was half four, and time to feed the cats, and think about dinner.

The path less travelled Bangers and mash is as traditional as it gets, but to the mash I added some of the salted herbs my great friend, Liza, in Canada sent me. Not sure what I was expecting it to taste like, but it was pretty darn good.

The path less travelled Jools came home, dinner was ready, so I dish up and make brews.

The path less travelled Outside the sun set and the day turned into night and the temperature dropped like a stone. I put out food for the badgers and/or fox, and back inside I take off my slippers and socks, which is house code for "I'm not going back outside again".

The path less travelled Which was true.

For the evening there was League 1 footy, Pompy v Sunderland, and pretty poor fayre it was, though Sunderland scored in the 1st half with a great move, poached a good second after a mistake in the second.

The path less travelled And that was it. And a new WSC to read in bed. Woot.

No comments: