Monday 8 March 2021

Sunday 7th March 2021

Part 2 of the weekend, and with there being no sun expected, and very cold out. We don't go out.

Well, I don't. Jools goes to work in the garden, I do the vacuuming and cook lunch and watch football, Because its my job.

And amazingly, we lay in bed until half seven in the morning. It was all light any everything, though most daylight was hidden behind the blinds.

Jools had got up at six to feed the cats and went back to bed, while I slept through. Meaning I was very relaxed when I got up.

We while away the first part of the morning, listening to the radio, having breakfast and more coffee.

Sixty six It was at this point I did the cleaning, Jools helped upstairs, then she went out to weed the garden, as it is warm enough for them to have grown in the flower beds. Each day I do a walk-round of the garden to see what is newly emerged, and check on the frogspawn in the pond. I can't be sure, but the tiny planets-core the newly laid spawn seemed to have elongated, suggesting froglets growing, or tadpoles anyway. We shall see and I will bring news.

Poppy Jen was coming round for lunch, so we have chorizo hash. I boil the cubed potatoes, a mix of white and sweet potatoes, which worked very well.

Of course.

We also have pink fizz.

After clearing up, we play a hand of meld while I keep an eye on the Liverpool v Fulham, which ends in an away win for the Cottagers, meaning Liverpool have now lost seven games in a row, after not losing for 67 games straight.

Cleo. Again. Football, eh?

And then it was time for the Manc Derby, which Utd get a penalty within 35 seconds of the start. And score. And get a second in the second half, and that's how it ended, meaning Citeh's 21 winning streak was broken.

Football, eh?

Now, the plan had been to have pizz for supper. I mixed the dough and put it in the oven on its lowest setting for an hour. I told myself to turn the over off after an hour.

I forgot.

So, when at half six I checked on the dough, it was actually cooked in the bowl. Nothing liquid remained, and we had nothing to eat.

Oh noes.

But I had an idea; break the dough into lumps and dip it into the tomato sauce I had made for the pizza.

Not pretty, but it worked. So we did not starve.

And that was it, your weekend, all gone.

No comments: