Friday 12 March 2021

Thursday 11th March 2021

The days drag by.

And not because of COVID, the sad truth is, before November last year, work wasn't like work. We were all friends, even our manager, we trusted each other and we had each other's back. And it was fun.

Things could have been better, but we delivered results.

Then one day it changed.

Chage is always happening, but our department was spit in two, and the other half were told, in the end, they were not needed. 60 years experience in three people, all just tossed away.

Pale Sunrise We have a new boss, new colleagues and in a new company. A new old company. Half of the collegues are the same as before as we moved en bloc over, but we don't speak much, and we don't laugh. Laughing helps. Friends help.

More corcus And the bad thing is, we all feel the same way, trying to fit in, get our skills to meet new requirements.

And all this in a time of pandemic, lockdowns and none of us knowing when or if we, or our loved ones, will be struck down. We all log into work each day, try to make sense of what is being asked of us, and plough forward. We hope it'll be OK in the end. Yesterday, Anette left. 33 years experience, a third of a century thrown away. He skills are now in redundant IT systems

Lungwort So she said goodbye in a simple e mail at the end of the day.

Bye then.

Beofre then there was work. Outside it rained and the wind blew. I was convinced that one of the fir trees was about to blow over, the wind was bending it in half, but it stayed anchored in the garden. The cats didnt go out much, instead they stayed and slept and had fights. Just like furry children.

Seventy The clouds did part and the sun shone, but the wind was keen I didn't think there would be any butterflies about, but an Orange Tip was seen in north Kent, so maybe I should have. In fact I didn't go for a walk at all, instead I did step on the chairs to a Talking Heads soundtrack.

Imperial I bough Sand in the Vaseline from a small shop in Kings Lynn sometime at the end of 1992 or early 1993 before I was posted to Germeny. I don't believe I ever played anything from it other than Once in a Lifetime and Life During Wartime. I played the whole first disc as I stepped up and down. Cleo stood at the top of the stairs and looked at what I was doing. I barely knew.

scilla siberica The day passed, I went to the garden, checked on the tadpoles, flowers and so on. Not much to report.

Dinner was special: Jools had bought a curry kit. I marinated some diced lamb for 24 hours, then after browning then meat off, I added the spices, two packets of sauce, and let to simmer for a couple of hours to make the lamb tender.

Home made Naans I thought naans would be nice, and I found a recipe. It was only when I was halfway through the process, I thought maybe I should have made a half batch, but it was too late.

The naans were really a triumph, light and fluffy, and mighty tasty, that were perfect with the curry and rice.

And that was that. We cleared up, made brews.

And listened to music, going to bed at nine.

Life is very much on hold. We hope there is hope.

No comments: