Saturday 20 March 2021

Friday 19th March 2021

well, we have nearly made it, the weekend is just round the corner, and to mark it's arrival, the sun put on a spectacular show when it rose.

This was about half an hour after it rose, as dawn is now nearer and nearer to when we actually get up. Until next weekend when we revert to BST and so dawn will be an hour later, but will be light until well after seven.

Thank crunchie its Friday Which sounds pretty wonderful.

Anyway. Friday. Six hours of work, then to the chiropractor, music quiz and then to Jen's for dinner.

A packed day, and some of it fun.

And it is, of course, Jools' weekend had already started the previous evening, and as usual she was going shopping, then to Jen's for yoga on the tellybox before coming back here for breakfast, followed by lunch.

Lamium purpureum I would remain here, in meetings and trying hard to make sense of the avalanche of information coming my way about, well, everything. And having finished one document review, I have another, which as it turned out would would lead to a whole suite of other documents to review. I think by the end of the year I will have read all the company processes, which isn't far from the truth, I suspect.

Lamium purpureum Anyway, keeps me busy and off the streets.

It is bright outside, too bright to be inside, but there is a breeze and so is cool. Cold even.

I carry on working, with occasion breaks for meetings (Yay) and for phone calls.

Jools returns at half ten, I help put the goodies away, though I had the last of the bread for a snack earlier, toasted crust with prosecco marmalade. Who knew?

Fritillaria imperialis Anyway, Jools cooks herself an omlette when she had done all her tasks, while i join yet another meeting.

I work to half one, at which point I pack up, have a brew and drive down the hill to the surgery. Is that what you call where a chiropractor works?

Anyway, its not good as my shoulder really is little better after seven weeks, he is slightly concerned, and suggests going to have a scan. Which is why, after coming home I sat on the phone for an hour waiting to get through to BUPA to arrange a scan, as dealing with my doctor is like pulling teeth. Sadly, although I was able to authorise the scan under my plan, I need a doctor's referral, which means speaking to the doctor on Monday anyway.

Fritillaria imperialis Sigh.

Anyway, costs are covered, so should be straightforward....

In the garden, turns out the spawn has hatched, but looks like no spawn I have seen before, as the tadpoles were flat, showing gills behind their heads. A quick Google search shows them to be not frogspawn, but newtspawn, which is great news, at least as when they grow up there will clear the garden of slugs and snails.

Seventy eight We go for a walk to look at the colony of Coltsfoot along Collingwood, and me not expecting them to be open as the sun was now hidden behind clouds and it was cold but they were. Or some of them, I get a shot of one of them anyways.

Tussilago farfara We walk to the end and down the track leading to the lane that leads back to our street and so to home.

I sit with an ice pack on my shoulder, as the pummeling made it really tender.

At six I take part in the music quiz, but fail to get a hint until the Studio 54 question revealed the mystery act to be Chic.

As soon as the answer was revealed we get in the car and drive to Jen's where our dinner of meat and potato pie with lots of mushy peas was waiting. Hearty food for a chilly evening.

And then we play cards. And drink wine.

I lose. Heavily, all of 40p, but Jools wins both games, so I lose but we win.

Jools drives us home under a waxing crescent moon where once indoors I eat a pack of wasabi peanuts with two big glasses of sloe port.

I went to bed, slightly pickled.

No comments: