Friday 6 December 2019

Friday 6th December 2019

Guys, we made it to Friday.

As soon as I wake up, I can feel my shoulder giving it large. That was why I was laying awake at ten to five, waiting for the alarm to go off.

Here we go again.

Jools has the first of her Fridays off, and has a morning planned with yoga, swimming, shopping and what else she can squeeze in. I would love to have joined her in doing some phys, but as it actually hurt to breathe or move, it wouldn't be today.

But as on other days, the pain did ease, a little.

Jools make coffee, gets busy in getting the stuff she needs ready, and is gone by ten past six all in time for her yoga class.

I am alone.

I make more coffee, have breakfast then go for a shower, all to be ready for work and my first 1:1 meeting with my boss.

I have the first draft of a new document had been tasked with preparing, but that raised more questions than it answered. So, I need guidance.

It was a fun-packed morning, but at half eleven, I had to pack up, as we had an appointment in Canterbury for a meeting with our financial adviser.

There's posh.

Jools comes home and she makes a brew and warms up a cheese and onion roll, which is a sausage roll without the best bit. But there were are.

We woolf that down and are out into the dreadful weather outside. A keen breeze whips the rain coming in from the west into sheets of water, looking like curtains drifting across the Dip.

At least we only had a 15 minute dash up the A2, then deal with the nose to tail traffic around the ring road. Traffic in the city is notorious, with good reason. But there is a way round it, which we take meaning we arrive at the innovation centre at the university with 40 minutes to spare, time enough to have a brew in the cafe and a cake or cheese scone. The choice is yours.

Three hundred and forty We are called into the meeting, and review how much money our pension investments have made. Would have been great but for the idiot in chief's trade wars with China and south America, meaning the markets are worried. Twat.

We get a new tactic for the new year, sign some papers and are done. All we have to do now is get home.

Get home from Canterbury as end of schol time and start of the rush hour. Or we could go north to Thanet Way and then back home through Preston.

Yes, we'll do that.

School kicking out time was still 15 minutes away in Blean, so we got through there with no trouble, and out onto the wooded downs near to Whistable.

We turn onto Thanet Way, and with the rain still falling, I take it easy, whilst other cars hammer by well over the speed limit.

We turn onto the marshes at Monkton, stop at Preston for a joint of beef for Monday night dinner, and some more cheese, as you can never have enough, can you. And ayway, he said "Lancashire Bomb" and I knew I wanted to buy one.

We reach home just as dusk was falling, just after three.

The weekend could start.

I had also bought two jam doughnuts from the butchers. They sell them too, what can I say? Anyway, they go very well with a cup of coffee.

Dinner time comes a couple of hours later, cheese and crackers as we polish off the last of the French cheese from the weekend. And we try "The Bomb", which is soft and strong, just like me.

Apparently.

We try to watch "The Irishman" before our subscription expires. I wish we would say we enjoyed it. I marvelled at the great make up to knock 40 years or so off Bob de Niro et al. But another crime story, no matter how good it is, well, we lost interest after an hour and switched it off, the laundry yet to be fire bombed.

So, we listen to a little more radio, and another day was done.

No comments: