Friday 6 December 2019

Thursday 5th December 2019

Jools' last working day of the week.

As she had requested and got a four day week from her employers.

Meaning she has Friday off in which to squeeze yoga, swimming, shopping and the rest of the things that needs to be done.

I just need to run this by my new boss, but I don't think she'd go for it.

Thursday But a Thursday morning in December, meaning it was dark. Dark until nearly seven. At least with partly clear skies it did get light from about half six, a soft milky light at first, then in a moment it was like the sky was on fire. If only for a few minutes.

My shoulder said in no circumstances would there be any phys that morning. I thought that was wise. So once Jools had left for work, I made more coffee, breakfast and put some music on.

It was a slow start, which was nice. And yet, I got nothing done, but it took 90 minutes to do. Again. Heavens know what I'd do if I ever had to commute, and have to get up earlier, mix with, like people, at that time of the day.

Best not think about it.

At least as the morning went on, my shoulder eased and I could do some typing, which would keep my boss happy.

Another typical day really: work, morning coffee, work, lunch, work, tea, work.

I take calls, write mails, pay expense reports. And so on.

Three hundred and thirty nine At half three, cloud had swept in from the west, the warm light was gone, and a slight miss was rising, it looked cold.

I snap the scene.

I make potato bread and warm the leftover soup up, so it was all ready when Jools came home.

For Jools it was the weekend. For me I had one more day to work before the weekend, but I have just nine more days until Christmas vacation is due to begin.

In a gift, there is yet more football on, though not on any of the TV packages we have. So I follow the games via Twitter again, listen to the radio at the same time, and wrote more for the 4,000th blog. Yes, that is coming up before Christmas.

And that is another day done.

No comments: