Wednesday 4 December 2019

Tuesday 3rd December 2019

Another day working from home.

And a return of the gammy shoulder.

But once I had had the first coffee of the day, I went and did a session on the cross-trainer, because I have to, it would be too easy to give in to it.

frosty Though I would regret it later.

And outside it is another stunning day dawned, with the sun now rising due south of the house, or near as to due south, and once it rises above the houses the other side of the dip, it shines in the back of the house, and lights the kitchen up like its on fire.

A walk to meet an old friend I do my session, though without a Scully audience this time, come back downstairs to cool down, then after another coffee, get ready for work.

A walk to meet an old friend Here we go again.

And as always, the overnight mail gets in the way of the proper work i had planned, but so it goes.

A walk to meet an old friend It looks so nice outside, that at lunchtime, instead of stopping to eat, I put on my boots and coat and go for a walk.

Nothing major, just over the fields, past Fleet House and the pig's Copse, down Norway Drove to the top of the Dip and back.

A walk to meet an old friend Flocks of small birds scatter as I stomp down the muddy path over the fields. I mean these could be ultra-rare Scruggin's Warblers, but I would not know, There was a large number of them, all complaining I had disturbed them.

A walk to meet an old friend The horse that had eyed my progress a couple of weeks ago from behind a wide hedge turned out to be little more than a foal, too nervous to come to say hello to me this time.

A walk to meet an old friend I wave to it and walk on.

Down the Dip, and the chickens of Fleet House looked to have been visited by the local fox judging by the new fencing that had been put up. No hens were to be seen foraging, but that could be down to the cold weather.

A walk to meet an old friend I stop at the top of the Dip, look down at the deep mud that settles there. I had no business in the village, so no need to go any further. I take a shot for the fan club and turn for home.

A walk to meet an old friend Back home i have lunch whilst working, writing a new procedure.

I am happy.

And outside the day fades to darkness, I put out food for the badgers, top up the bird feeders, and make swede soup with potato bread for dinner.

And what a triumph that was, more than enough for us to have a second night. Amazing that a simple swede, a few carrots can make a meal for four people. So simple.

And that is it, apart from following the games in the PL via Twitter, editing pictures and the such.

But another day done.

Phew.

No comments: