Wednesday 11 December 2019

Tuesday 10th December 2019

I watch a lot of football.

There, I said it.

I mean, I watch a lot of football because I choose to. If I didn't watch it, who would?

But something that I have realised for some time is that I can remember details from games over 40 years ago, games that I was at or saw on TV, but what I watched last week or yesterday, no idea.

For example, since last Wednesday, I have watched the highlights of 17 games on two editions of MOTD and one of MOTD2, and yet, bugger if I can remember the result, other than the Norwich one.

Am I getting old or just watching too much TV?

And should I just stop watching it now if I can't remember any of it, and I can't go back and rewatch the shows as I deleted them yesterday, but my mind deleted the memory quicker.

But I guess I'll keep watching as I'll forget this post too in due course.

As will you.

Anyway, where was I, oh yes, Tuesday.

Tuesday was a bit blowy.

A gale swept through from the early hours and did not blow itself out until well after we went to bed.

Meaning I wasn't very likely to go out. But I also knew I had to exercise, and the cross-trainer was calling, so once Jools left for work and I had drunk my coffee, I went up and did a session whilst listening to the radio.

I counted the seconds down to the end of 20 minutes. I mean its not hard, but dull.

But I did it, and so treated myself to a long hot shower and after ran a brush through my long flowing locks.

And down for breakfast, and as the second coffee brews, watch dawn creep over the garden and reveal 15 blackbirds feeding from the lawn/meadow.

And so to work, and much to my shock two long meetings popped up on Outlook, meaning that my day of working on the current project would be very much interrupted.

Outside the rain fell, the wind blew and it was dark enough to need the table lamp on all day. When will spring ever come? Heck, its not even winter yet!

At noon, a pile of mail redirected from Mum's house arrives, including many Christmas cards. Only one had a return address, so I write in a card, then venture out to the nearby post box.

And it was wild outside.

Blowing a gale from the west, I walked into its teeth before turning up Station Road and walking to the next street, where half buried in a hedge is the postbox. I post the letter and turn for home, stopping just to snap the scene into the village which is the only shot I took all day, just glad it came out then.

Three hundred and forty four At the end of our road, two drenched workmen were clearing the collapsed wall of the house on the corner, blow over by a previous gale.

I was glad to be home, have a brew and two cold leftover Yorkshire puddings because they are yummy.

And after work is done, watch Sunday's MOTD2, where Norwich again didn't seem to be too bad, just easily out-muscled.

I was about to sort through yet more stuff when the doorbells rings. It was Jools, home at half five rather than going to yoga, she came home.

No reason, just wanted to be home. So, I quickly cook bangers and mash and a can of grillin' beans we bought in Texas, which is about the only fusion food you get in Chez Jelltex. That done, it is evening, we try the Christmas cake. Correction, we try the first Christmas cake, and it is good. We did have a small slice a week back, but the dges are never that moist. The middle is, though, and shows where the half bottle of Madeira went.

Yummy.

No comments: