Thursday 5 December 2019

Wednesday 4th December 2019

Sometimes, I feel that if I were a horse, I would be destined to be glue by the end of the week. My shoulder aches. Aches like hell, and it seems ordinary life, dong the things that you have to do for life makes it worse, or stops it from getting better.

I wanted to do some phys, but it really would have been impossible, I told myself if was a rest day anyway. So, once the first coffee of the day was drunk, I managed to fritter the 90 minutes away until it was time to start work. And have breakfast.

I was treated to another stunning dawn and sunrise out of the back of the house. And in order to get my shot of the day in, I record it.

Then go and have another coffee, have breakfast and listen to some radio.

I know its dull , but its a week working from home. It pays the bills.

The sun rises, and it seems that the kitchen is full of light, like aliens have landed and come to grab me. But no, its just the low winter sun. In just over two weeks, we reach the shortest day, but from then, bit by bot, we get a little more daylight each day. And the circle of life begins again.

Three hundred and thirty eight But for me, work begins. Again. Switching on the computer and seeing the trickle of overnight mails come in. Funny how things change once I'm off the project. Tings are nearly done, and soon the rest of that team will move onto another project, and they will be out of my working life. They have said I will be invited to the end of project celebration, but I don't think I'll go. They completed the task, I didn't.

We all move on.

More meetings. Just talking shops really. I drink tea and have lunch whilst trying to concentrate.

Mulder and Scully sleep through most the day. Mulder does bring me in lunch, a mouse with a single mouthful bitten out of its side. He wants a reward, so I give him a handful of kitty kibbles. He is happy and goes to bed and is soon gently snoring the other end of the living room.

My shoulder is killing me, so I use a microwaveable bean bag to warm up my shoulder. This involves sitting on the sofa and watching the documentary on the Renaissance again. We should go back to that Italy again.

Soon.

Dinner was to be chorizo hash. Again. That takes the best part of an hour. Or would have, but I get a call from Jools saying she is delayed So I wait for half an hour before cooking.

Chorizo hash is always a triumph. Spicy enough to tingle the tongue, and filling.

The evening was spent following Norwich play Southampton via Twitter. Its not fun.

2-0 down at half time, they play better in the 2nd half, but despite getting one back, that is it and the mini-unbeaten run is over and we're back next to bottom, and a gap is opening up.

Oh well....

No comments: